- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other website. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Comments will be moderated. Links to offensive sites will be removed.
- You retain ownership and responsibility for your comments. By commenting, you provide Emmerald Polymers a license in perpetuity to publish them in whole or part on any domains operated by us. Please note that this is to ensure that if we ever change domain names we are able to take your comments with us, rather than to use comments out of context.
Use of the website and/or the website service is at your own risk. The website and the website service is provided on an “as is” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law: (a) Emmerald Polymers disclaims all liability whatsoever, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise in relation to the website and/or the website service; and (b) all implied warranties, terms and conditions relating to the website and/or the website service (whether implied by statute, common law or otherwise), including (without limitation) any warranty, term or condition as to accuracy, completeness, satisfactory quality, performance, fitness for purpose or any special purpose, availability, non infringement, information accuracy, interoperability, quiet enjoyment and title are, as between Emmerald Polymers and you, hereby excluded. In particular, but without prejudice to the foregoing, we accept no responsibility for the conduct of any user and/or account holder of the website and/or website service; any error, delay or failure in the transmission of any communication between users and/or account holders; any technical failure of the internet, the website and/or the website service; or any damage or injury to users or their equipment as a result of or relating to their use of the website or the website service. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Emmerald Polymers will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), under statute or otherwise, as a result of or in connection with the website and/or the website service, for any: (i) economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or (ii) loss of goodwill or reputation; or (iii) special or indirect or consequential loss. If Emmerald Polymers is liable to you directly or indirectly in relation to the website and/or the website service, that liability (howsoever arising) shall be limited to: (a) fifty pounds sterling (£50.00); or (b) the sums paid by you upon registering an account with us. Nothing in these terms shall be construed as excluding or limiting the liability of Emmerald Polymers or its group companies for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by English law.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- you may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Emmerald Polymers is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (and any other documents referred to on it) set out the basis and justification on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Emmerald Polymers website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy (subject to any further opt-in consents you may grant Emmerald Polymers on any of the Website or elsewhere). For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 25th May 2018, the data controller is Greg Whitehorne , Emmerald Polymers (UK) Ltd, Unit 1, Jennifer Works, Primrose Street, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, DN21 1HT. Data may be processed by other members of the Emmerald Polymers group from time to time.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our services, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, private address, private and business financial information, email address and phone number, personal description and photograph and other feedback given through competitions or surveys. In each case where we collect this information, we seek your consent and will not use your information otherwise than in accordance with such consent.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for' page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other website we operate or the other services we provide, including any of the website. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on our website.
Uses made of the information
Information you give to us. Depending on the scenario, we will use the information you give us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, and to notify you about changes to our services which may affect you. Additionally, subject to your consent to the same, we will use your information:
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to profile and match your data with data collected from our website and provided by third parties so as to ensure that content from our website and communications we may send you are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and that our communications are relevant to you and tailored as much as possible to your requirements.
Information we collect about you. This includes information collected using cookies, browser cache, Locally Stored Objects and similar technologies used when you visit our sites, which we (and selected third parties) may use:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine the above information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive and the consents you give us in relation to that information).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any approved partner of Emmerald Polymers, which means any associated company and funders / providers of relevant financial services arranged through our partner Johnson Reed Ltd who are regulated by the FCA.
Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- We will disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Emmerald Polymers, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the website of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these website, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.